How To Swear In Spanish
Now that Yago repeats everything he hears, Rogelio is finally becoming aware of just how much he swears in Spanish. You see, he “swears” that he doesn’t swear. But people from around here are famous for their foul mouths. Some of these I have already heard Yago spit out.
- Picha (Penis) That is what Rogelio calls his brother. He claims it is a term of endearment. And considering that I hear mothers calling their daughters ChoCho (girly private bits) it actually doesn’t sound too bad.
- Me cago en la puta (I shit myself in the whore) This one is especially popular while driving, but also comes in handy while assembling Ikea furniture or burning yourself on the stove.
- Me cago en la leche, me cago en la mar, me cago en… (I shit myself in the milk, I shit myself in the sea, I shit myself….) Shitting yourself is extremely popular here in Algeciras. Non-personal crap recipients are less offensive takes on the puta version.
- De puta madre (Of the whore mother) This is the Spanish equivalent of “friggin awesome.” It is used for everything from cold beer to days off.
- Tu puta madre (Your whore mother) Careful with this one. It sounds dangerously similar to “De puta madre” above, but is a back-handed insult via the dude’s Mom. And in Spain, you cannot insult some dude’s Mom. Because she probably still washes his underwear.
- Tiene cojones (This has got balls) Used to describe a situation or person that has nerve, in the negative sense. For example, often used to describe someone who just stole your parking space. Particularly popular in combination with “Me cago en la puta.“
- Tomar por el culo (Take it by ass) My personal favorite. A graffic but creative twist on the always useful F@%K YOU.