There are lots of things I love about Algeciras; the climate, the street life, and of course, the fact that my husband lives here. But there are a few unique features of this place that the Spanish tourist brochures fail to mention:
Top Ten Things I Did Not Miss About Algeciras This Summer
- Garbage in the streets.
- The smell of cigarette smoke.
- Dog crap in the playgrounds.
- The incessant whine of scooters.
- Cats fighting outside my window at night.
- The fact that my house has zero closets.
- The stench of my neighbours’ various perfumes in the elevator.
- Strangers who give parenting advice.
- Passive-agressive elderly ladies who use their elbows as finely tuned weapons.
- Hairy men in white pants.