At first tally, 2010 seemed like an insignificant year, full of diapers and applesauce and all the small, repetitive tasks that mark a stay-at-home Mom’s life. But after comparing notes with Rogelio I have changed my mind. I actually have a lot to report personally, besides just keeping the family fed and watered:
- a trip every month of the year, most often just a long weekend, but including 5 weeks in Canada.
- turning 40
- entertaining two sets of Canadian visitors.
- getting pregnant, (no small feat at 40 with a toddler, when you can hardly remember your husband’s name, never mind arrange to be naked in the same room together)
- I started a blog!
Back in April when I started Not So Spanish I assumed my family and a couple of friends would check in the see photos of the kid. I never would have guessed that eight months later I would report:
- 19,600 views
- 189 posts
- 587 comments
- 2,245 hits on my best day
I’m no Perez Hilton but hey, I’m having fun.
So here are links to my most popular posts of 2010.
- Feeling the Wind in Your Pubic Hair: just good clean fun if you like public peeing.
- Pom Poms and Man Tights Save US Economy: This post was featured on WordPress’ “Freshly Pressed” page, the equivalent of a “Rookie of the Day” award for little bloggers like me.
- Why I’m Not So Spanish: Just the classic “who am I” page, but apparently people are curious about what kind of weirdo dedicates time to photographing ugly shoes.
Gee whizz, this needs an update for 2011. I have gained 30 pounds since this photo was taken.
Happy New Year! May 2011 hold just the right mix of peace and adventure.